Gaming Art | Final boss + Fireworks!

For the boss fight I wanted the boss to enter the screen, stop going towards the player, make the intro animation and then start the fighting.

Well this was a ride. After entering the screen she collides with an area that should make her stop and only move up and down but it wasn't working at all. After much testing, I added two different scripts, one to the Empty object parent that moves towards the player and the other one with all the boss coding. And it worked! All the animations too, the animator looks like this:


Then the boss starts shooting. I made the laser way bigger and bright red, I linked a tutorial at the end of the post. Also I added a Slider as the boss' health that decreases when it gets hit. I made the boss pretty easy (health 10 and damage is -1, so you only have to hit her 10 times). Also during the boss fight oxygen cans are being spawned every 5 seconds just in case the player needs oxygen to not die!




When the boss is defeated it spawns a low poly explosion that I made using low poly spheres that recreate smoke and fire. I tried making a screenshot but the explosion dies very quickly and it;s not easy.

Then the level is completed! And the bis surprise: fireworks! I love the effect, I followed a fantastic tutorial (at the end of the post).



Useful links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA227 - Week 13 | Rigging Arl + Tips I've learned

BSA228 - Week 7 | Building assets: hazards, enemies and collectables + Building the astronaut

BSA227 - Week 1 | Introduction to After Effects