BSA227 | Rendering problems

WATERMARKS (yes, again)


In the first renders I got some watermarks back in 2-3 frames and when I rendered them again I always got watermarks back. So I rendered those frames with Batch Render and then it was fine, but it was a bit annoying.

Luckily it only happened with that scene.


TRANSPARENCY ISSUE

Apparently you can't render the Transmission (for the glass helmet) so that you can see any background through the glass. You only see the reflection (which saves it a little bit) but the rest looks black, sometimes even matte.



I played around a lot but I don't think it's doable unless you have the actual footage in Maya and put a Shadow Matte floor behind the glass which renders whatever background the scene has. But I couldn't load any footage in Maya, I always had to take screenshots and use the, as a background.

So for some scenes I changed the Transmission under Visibility of the HDR Skydome so that is not completely dark. The problem is, some scenes need a shadow and because of the perspective (from above for example) I needed to have the floor behind the glass, like when Arl is walking back with the seed and sees the street light.

In other scenes is not that noticeable but it's something that bothers me a little bit and I would have liked to sort it out better. Maybe I will after handing the project in and when I have more time.

RENDER FARM

Another thing that took more time than usual is that I had to re-render single frames because sometimes in a batch of 120 frames the farm decided to render a frame for longer than 2 hours. So I had to suspend that render and resubmit for only that frame and the second time took 3 minutes like usual.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA227 - Week 13 | Rigging Arl + Tips I've learned

BSA228 - Week 7 | Building assets: hazards, enemies and collectables + Building the astronaut

BSA227 - Week 1 | Introduction to After Effects